Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default Oversized New Work Electrical Box

On Dec 10, 3:34*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know of an over-sized, single-gang, new work, electrical box?
The standard ones with the swing out tabs are too small. The guy who
re-sided my house with Hardiplank cut the opening for the outside outlet
too large. I'm trying to avoid having to replace the piece of Hardiplank.

*Without seeing it I can't advise what the best way to go is, but
Arlington Industries does make oversized boxes for outdoor receptacles.
Check he
http://www.arlcatalog.com/Weatherpro...IN%20BOX%20for...

Here's horizontal:http://www.arlcatalog.com/Weatherpro...IN%20BOX%20for...

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance, but aren't boxes with swing out tabs
used in remodeling, not new-work,
Just asking..

Rob