Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default source for wide edgebanding?

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:59:22 -0800 (PST), Dennis McClendon
wrote:

I'm working on a project to create a large (but lightweight) painted
oval structure that will hang over my dining table, with three pendant
lamps that will hang below it. I plan to cut an oval 48 x 60 inches
from very thin plywood glued to stiff insulation foam, and around the
edges I want to glue paintable edgebanding or something similar. But
I'm having trouble finding a source for four- to six-inch wide
edgebanding. Frama-Tech makes it, but only sells it in 250-foot
rolls. Any ideas where I could get 200 inches of six-inch-wide
edgebanding?

How about using arborite or formica?

1/4" luan ???

Scarf to length.