Posted to rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Large wall of drawers: How to build frame/carcass?

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
One more tip (maybe obvious).

Build the drawer boxes as a box and apply the drawer faces after
the
fact. Install all the drawer boxes in the case and get the
slides
adjusted and working well BEFORE adding the drawer fronts. Then
add
the drawer fronts to the boxes so it is easy to get them all
nice and
square and evenly spaced. I use double sided tape and then
screws from
inside.

For storage drawers, I'd also consider making them without any
type of stop to prevent withdrawal. This would be particularly
handy for the upper ones, where you might not be able to see
what's inside. If the sides of the drawers were within a smidgeon
of the case opening, the drawer faces would still align, but they
could be pulled out and placed upon a table for easy access.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.