Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default How to have a lamp turn on when inside temp drops below sixty.

On Dec 9, 5:00*pm, "Jim Sherman" wrote:
I'm a snowbird and worry about a furnace failure while I'm away. I've heard
that there is a temperature sensing switch that will turn on a lamp if the
house gets too cold. I'd like to set a lamp in the front window so my
neighbor can check the place as he drives by without coming inside. Does
such a switch exist? Who sells it? Thanks in advance.

Rather than bother the neighbor, get a sensaphone that will call you
up when temperature or anything else changes.

By the time the neighbor drives by, the pipes could have frozen.

http://www.sensaphone.com/sensaphone_400.php