Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

on 12/10/2009 12:52 AM (ET) DD_BobK wrote the following:
On Dec 9, 2:20 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The WH is in the subterranian cellar. We *hope* that will
stay above freezing. If it gets bitter cold, I can go back,
turn turn the gas on at the WH, and it will heat back up.
It's on pilot, now. I mighta better left it on super low
vacation temp.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in

Now, what about the water heater? :-)

My money is on the pilot being enough

cheers
Bob

You don't have an electric water heater, I'm guessing.
Winter in the North US causes many power outages due to downed wires
from ice weight, or falling ice laden branches..
Gas Furnaces and Oil Boilers also require electricity to run.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY