Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default How to have a lamp turn on when inside temp drops below sixty.

On Dec 10, 6:09*am, " wrote:
.

Have a plumber install a drain plug and drain the water before leaving and then
you can keep the heat completely off.
Why pay for something that you don't use?

because freeze thaw can do damage to furniture and espically plaster
walls.

homes arent designed to be frozen. they are likely the most expensive
thing anyone buys.

as such they need some level of care

I dont know where you live but here alot have summer lake homes and it
goes to -25f, shutting down is common sence, Plaster goes bad if you
have a roof or wall leak, freezing hurts nothing and kills termites,
my local music store has over 100 wood instruments kept unheated, Heat
and water kills wood furniture, and yes my lake house is unheated now,
its zero out today and furnished. Take a trip to Europe where 2-500
yrs old buildings dont get replastered every year, if they did plaster
would not be used.