Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default OT range report that very few readers will find of interest

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 06:44:08 -0600, "Karl Townsend"

Winter has arrived in Fridley. Mr. Toro the snowblower started on
the 2d pull after his summer vacation. We got maybe 5 or 6 inches,
not a huge dump but definitely "plowable" as they say. It drifts near
the house and between the cars. Roads were passable and traffic was
moving but things were a bit slickery here and there. I thought I
was gonna have an eau chitte moment when I tried to make a right turn
at an intersection but the car kept going straight. Fortunately, the
front wheels did eventually find purchase just in time. It was one of
those time-slows moments when ya sit there thinking, "I wonder how
this is gonna turn out."

Temp right now in my back yard is 4 F. Windchill is probably about a
million below zero. I like Minnesota a lot but I dislike winter.

Last night was brutal! makes me dream of a fishing trip. Maybe you should
come too.

Karl

Last Friday, I actually saw a flurry here in central Texas (moved back
from Michigan a month or so ago). Everybody was freaked out at even
the possibility of snow, and a lot stayed home. It didn't stick. The
scary thing isn't a little snow, it's the sight of Texans driving on
snow. The thought is almost enough to make me stay home, too.

This morning it's 30 F. I can handle that. No snow in sight, as it
should be.

Pete Keillor