Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] is offline

Default Use of primitive tools

On Dec 10, 8:18*pm, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

* You had me right up till the end - there's no wolves in Oz.

I should have said dingoes - I was using literary license to make it
readable in a different cultural context.....

* And they have a reason to not believe you when you get a critical
fact wrong, people start tugging on the other threads to find any
other loose ones - and soon the whole thing unravels. * ;-)

Spot the deliberate mistake....

* Now then...

Agreed - now, if we can get the World Government (sorry Gunner) to
legislate this, we would have a chance....

* ...AND you can remember what the hell you were thinking forty years
ago when you were building it, which can be the bigger problem.

Bloody Hell Bruce - I have trouble remembering what I did 6 months ago
- I open up a chassis, recognise it as something I have worked on
before, but.......its gone........never used to make notes as my
memory 20 years ago was fine - now, alas have to ask the nice lady in
the bank for my account numbers as I have a brain fart and cant
remember...

BUT - the REALLY NICE old gear had beautiful manuals , old HP , Tek
test gear, even till the 70's radio gear - again, its the Old Fart
syndrome, we remember (I think) when such things as manuals and spare
parts were routine. And if there was a problem, you contacted a
service engineer in the relevant company who would be only too willing
to assist....(now,its a call centre in India running a script on their
PC screen...)

Sometimes work in a local TV repair shop, 3rd world environment as the
margins are so slim - they have a Chinese tech, red hot. He is able to
ring up the Chinese factory and really pay out on them until they
email us the schematic we want....dont know what he says to them, but
its very impressive in spite of my not speaking any Chinese...

Andrew VK3BFA.

-- Bruce --