Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.joining.welding
Leo Lichtman[_2_] Leo Lichtman[_2_] is offline

Default Proper working Anvil Height

"Todd Rich" wrote: (clip) I set my anvil so my hammer face is parallel to
the anvil face with my
elbow directly below my shoulder and my forearm about parallel to the
ground. (clip)

This is logical, but it leaves out the thickness of the work and/or the
height of any anvil inserts. I have used anvils a lot, and I don't think
it's all that critical. A few inches one way or the other probably make
little difference. If it did, carpenters wouldn't be able to drive nails
where and how they do.