Posted to sci.electronics.repair
NY2LA NY2LA is offline

Default Static When Capturing VHS Tapes

On Dec 9, 12:40*pm, lsmartino wrote:

Did you try to adjust the tracking control of both VCR while playing
the tapes in HiFi mode? Probably a careful tracking adjustment can
solve the problem you are experiencing. As I told you before, I have
seen that HiFi VHS tapes recorded in LP or EP (SLP) modes show poor
audio or/and video performance when played in a VCR different than the
one who recorded them.

I think adjusting the tracking didn't help once in the past. But I am
going to try it again, on both VCR's, and will post the results later.

All of the tapes were recorded at SP. Absolutely none of them were
recorded in LP or EP/SLP.