Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Mean while...

Scott Lurndal wrote:

Bob Martin writes:
in 125143 20091209 135918 "J. Clarke" wrote:
phorbin wrote:
In article , lcb11211
@swbell.dotnet says...
While forrests are being protected from being harvested and being
bought up. Al Gore is making a fortune on "cool the earth"
priojects. Once the global warming fad has cooled ;~) no pun
intended, we will once again be coolong off and those forrests will
once again be sold off and harvested for fire wood.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...en-answers-to-
climate-contrarian-nonsense&page=6

or

http://tinyurl.com/yjhput9

Just the fact that it describes the contrarian view as "nonsense" tells
us that it's a propaganda piece not to be taken credibly.

So if I say the moon is made of green cheese ...

Then you'd be a fool, since we've been there and know that it is not.

On the other hand, the current hysteria around anthropgenic
climate change (of which there is little doubt that man changes
climate, at least locally; consider the Urban Heat Island effect,
for instance; or land-use changes (why don't tornadoes strike
big cities, as a rule?)) is based on some pretty iffy science.

.... snip of explanation of above

Dr. Richard Lindzen, MIT
Dr. Roger Pielke, Sr., U of Colorado

Another bit of evidence of scientific malfeasance and data manipulation to
give the results desired by the warmists:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/08/the-smoking-gun-at-darwin-zero/

Difference between citing this and Politically Correct American? This has
real data and describes methodology, it doesn't imperiously declare "the
science is settled" and those who disagree are luddites spouting nonsense.

To quote paraphrase the high priest of AGW, "They LIED to US! They played
on our FEARS!"

Rob Leatham