Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default First cans now bagels

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 07:00:26 -0500, the infamous Joe
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 06:34:44 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[snip]
The blood (+ soap and warm water) cleansed the wound, the Bacitracin
prevented infection, and the clean cut allowed the skin to reattach to
itself without stitches, without any scarring, and without very much
pain at all. I was very happy about all 3. Which reminds me to grab
a little bottle of Povidone the next chance I get. It's a very good
cleanser/microbicide, too.

I had to buy some Betadine surgical scrub (the sudsy version) a few
years ago, and was amazed at the cost for a little 6 oz bottle. Early
this year, I bought a full gallon (of the Betadine brand, no less)
from a veterinary supply place (Kentucky Horse Store, or something
like that) for 25 bucks, shipping included. It's more than a lifetime
supply for me. I prefer it over anything else for cleansing a wound
before dressing it.

With a 2 year shelf life, it's not quite a lifetime supply, unless you
know something we don't, Joe.

Also, an earlier poster mentioned bacitracin. I always used generic
Neosporin, usually to good effect, but it didn't work too well on
burns. Our plant nurse told me that bacitracin by itself is best for
burns, because one of the other antibiotics in Neosporin actually
impedes the healing of burns. Worked for me.

I'll have to remember that. I usually use a triple antibiotic.

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,