Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Got Milk? Drink it. / Got Nothing to Do? Join an HOA

wrote:
Red Green wrote:
Red Green wrote in news:Xns9CD6CC4D8D28ARedGreen@
216.168.3.70:

Decorated Veteran, 90, Fights to Raise Flag in His Yard

Followup: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579773,00.html

RICHMOND, Va. — A 90-year-old Medal of Honor recipient can keep his 21-
foot flagpole in his front yard after a homeowner's association
dropped its request to remove it, a spokesman for Democratic Virginia
Sen. Mark Warner said Tuesday.

Politicians should butt out of private property matters, and the issue
is about private property owned by a GROUP of people. I admire the guy
for his patriotism, but the next flagpole might be put up by a biker who
wants to fly the Confederate or a Nazi flag....precedent has been
established.

Why would a biker fly a Confederate or a Nazi flag? Are the Confederate
and Nazi flags the same? Most of the bikers I know would probably fly
a pair of soiled undershorts instead of any flag.

TDD