Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Old X10 Modules Failing?

Per William R. Walsh:
Maybe you know all that. I mention it just because it's so easy to
forget about it...or at least I have found that it's easy to forget.

I am flattered... but no, I don't know any of that.... I had
heard somewhere about the surge protector thing.

There are other things that can cause problems with X10
communications. Surge protectors (don't plug X10 modules into them)
intercoms that communicate over the household wiring, CFL bulbs, and
switchmode power supplies can all cause problems.

Would PC power supplies be "switchmode"?

-
I actually gave up on my X10 stuff at the one house because of
interference.

Did you find an alternative? When I was trying to get mControl
working on my server, I dabbled briefly with Insteon units.

Got beau coups CFL bulbs... gonna try turning them all off as
soon as I hit "Send" on this.
--
PeteCresswell