Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default America's Archaic Election System

"jk" wrote in message
"Buerste" wrote:

"jk" wrote in message
. ..
"Buerste" wrote:

How about a straight popular vote only by people that actually pay
federal
income taxes? THAT would certainly change EVERYTHING!

Just remember, that corporations are legally "people" to a degree, and
they do (ok some do) pay those taxes.

jk

No, consumers pay those taxes. And, because taxes are an operating
expense,
profits are based on percentage of costs, consumers also pay the bump.
Foolish consumers! Liberals SCREAM "Tax Business!" not knowing that
business just passes it on. But, it must feel good and all liberals care
about is feeling good.

No, The consumers do NOT pay those taxes in the sense of paying it to
the government, they just pay more than they might otherwise.

Using that same logic, my Employer pays my taxes, I just pass the cost
along in what I am willing to work for. So there are no taxpayers.

jk

Your employer pays half of your total Social Security tax bill. He takes
that into consideration with his pay offering. Also taken from your pay is
the amount it costs to do all the employment accounting, holidays, vacation,
sick days, personal days, medical, etc. Your logic is just plain wrong,
rethink it and get back to me if you have any questions.