Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Adding a timeswitch to an electric underfloor heating system

Tim wrote:

Our en-suite bathroom has electric underfloor heating controlled by
this little beast
(http://www.devi.co.uk/products/devir...nted/550.html), a
Devireg 550.
In theory it should be all the control that we need but the b*stard
has a mind of it's own and will insist on trying to warm the bathroom
mid-day and at any other time it fancies when we only want it to come
on for a couple of hours in the morning and in the evening.

That's how it's currently programmed but it seems determined to do
it's own thing. I've been through all the instructions and on to the
company helpline but it seems that because its "intelligent", we just
have to put up with it. This would be okay perhaps if we were using
it for total room heating but we're not, we just want to take the
chill off the floor.
Anyhow, I just want to add a simple 7 day timer into the circuit and
wonder what the least obtrusive, easiest fitted timer might be. On
that can give me two on & offs per day with different times at the
weekend. In fact, I don't really need 7 days, just a weekday/weekend
option with my two on/offs.
Any suggestions?

Tim

The b****y thing's too clever by half! At least with my Honeywell
programmable room stat, I can turn off Optimum Start. You don't appear to be
able to do that with this thing!

Presumably the heating is hard-wired rather than being connected to a 13A
plug, so you can't use a plug-in timer?

In that case, a timer designed for controlling an immersion heater had ought
to do the trick. Something like
http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/inde...pid=7546&sid=1 perhaps?
--
Cheers,