Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim[_24_] Tim[_24_] is offline

Default Adding a timeswitch to an electric underfloor heating system

Our en-suite bathroom has electric underfloor heating controlled by this
little beast (http://www.devi.co.uk/products/devir...nted/550.html),
a Devireg 550.

In theory it should be all the control that we need but the b*stard has a
mind of it's own and will insist on trying to warm the bathroom mid-day and
at any other time it fancies when we only want it to come on for a couple of
hours in the morning and in the evening.

That's how it's currently programmed but it seems determined to do it's own
thing. I've been through all the instructions and on to the company
helpline but it seems that because its "intelligent", we just have to put up
with it. This would be okay perhaps if we were using it for total room
heating but we're not, we just want to take the chill off the floor.

Anyhow, I just want to add a simple 7 day timer into the circuit and wonder
what the least obtrusive, easiest fitted timer might be. On that can give
me two on & offs per day with different times at the weekend. In fact, I
don't really need 7 days, just a weekday/weekend option with my two on/offs.

Any suggestions?

Tim