Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of broken spark plugs...

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

Remember back when the service manual recommended removing the head/heads
to clean the carbon buildup every xx thousand miles?
GEEZ! I seem to recall having to do a lot of fiddling with my
50's, 60's and 70's vehicles just to keep them running reasonably
well. When I was younger, I loved tinkering with engines, now I
just want to get in the darn thing and go.

TDD

There's an ad at a Chevy dealer in a small town near us from the thirties.
It was $18 for a valve job on a straight six.

Steve