Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default PLC?

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:08:33 -0600, RogerN wrote:

. 3.70...
"RogerN" fired this volley in
m:

Perhaps as part of the program you could have it record how much
adjust time of the curtains accumulated over a day. Try to tune the
algorithm for best temperature control with minimal winch run time.

Roger, a decent PID algorithm accommodates changes in conditions, and
"learns" the lead/lag characteristics of the system. Most of the even
most-basic PID controllers (ready made) have that capability.

LLoyd

It's been a while since I messed with my Basic Stamp but IIRC they used
8 bit integer math. My Basic Stamp 1 had only about 16 bytes ram, I'm
not sure that would do a PID control, maybe. I think the BS2 has about
twice that amount of ram. I'm not to great at working with integer
math, especially 8 bit.

RogerN

Ouch. That's pretty restrictive. You'd need at least 16 bits to do PID
in this sort of thing, and mo is better.

--
www.wescottdesign.com