Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC jakes GW demo?

Bob wrote:
On 8 Dec, 22:56, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

That you continue to deny that the greenhouse effect exists or that
C02 is a greenhouse gas labels you as a complete nutter.

Or someone with a different, but equally valid opinion.

I want to stay out of the name calling, but you raise an important
point here because it is something I hear more and more these days and
which seems to be reinforced by the media. Just because there is a
dissenting opinion does not make it equally valid.

Why should it not be equally valid?

We're not talking
about opinions about footballers or something here. We're talking
about something that is established by the scientific method versus
something that is just opinion without the underpinning science.

But that is the point, the scientific method is seriously flawed.

It
was this sort of attitude that gave equal air time to that MMR idiot.

I'd agree 100% with that. The evidence to support MMR was good, the
evidence against was emotive & unscientific. The opposite to the climate
change argument.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk