Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default BBC jakes GW demo?

dennis@home wrote:

Given that the Met Office and NASA don't use exactly the same data
but still get broad agreement between their figures, particularly
over the last 20 years, you have to wonder where the deniers get
their so called facts from.

Are you sure?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climatec...xplained5.html

"Furthermore, while the UK Met Office regards 1998 as the hottest
year yet, Nasa thinks it was 2005 (they use the same data but
interpret it differently)."

I said:

1) That they don't use exactly the same data and

They said they use the same data!

I thought it was going to be difficult for me to track down where it was
that I saw the original information but it turned out to be ridiculously
easy. There it was bold as brass in the text of the link I gave.

"Each of the three global temperature centres uses different observation
sets, although there are large overlaps in the information used. Each
centre also has its own methods for checking and processing data, as
well as for making the final calculation."