Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default BBC jakes GW demo?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...

The hole in the ozone layer plays only a minor part in global warming
and I think you will find it has the opposite effect to that which
might be expected.

I couldn't care less what part it has in global warning. The point is the
green tosers sold us all on the fact that 'we are all doomed' Capt
Mainwaring & nothing happened. In fact it repaired itself, but they kept
quiet about that slightly embarrassing fact & swept the idea under the
carpet.

Caught out crying wolf.

It didn't just repair itself. It was pointed out that we were chucking nasty
things into the atmosphere, people stopped doing some of that and then it
started to repair itself.

Rather the opposite of crying wolf and an "embarrassing fact" - the wolf
turned out to be real and the actions people were persuaded into taking were
shown to be useful.