Posted to rec.woodworking
allen476 allen476 is offline

Default Tip: Mark all parts before disassembly

On Dec 6, 9:15*pm, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
Just brought in my latest woodworking project. *(Still smells like some of
the alcohol in the shellac is evaporating.) *Before taking it apart to
finish it, I marked some parts and not others. *As a result, some of the
parts are fitting nicely and others aren't.

So when building something be sure to mark everything before you take it
apart.

Puckdropper

As I am finishing an entertainment center, I know what you mean. All
of the drawer trim, shelf trim, and top trim is in a different finish.
The last I counted, it was at 92 pieces and most are cut to fit. Not
fun when you forgot to mark any of the shelf trim. I think it would be
faster to just redo it.

Allen