Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default we have tivo (3yrs), contract ending; also cablevison/optonline;THEY have tivoish thing. To do?

wrote:
On Dec 7, 6:14 pm, flir67 wrote:
go to
http://www.110220volts.com/DVDRecord...ecorders+(Regi...
website and get a dvr. it will pay for itself. dvr's are pretty much
not available in department stores due to the cable and satellite
companies coming out with their own and charging you monthly for them.

over seas they are huge........

good luck

If you read the post, the guy already owns a Tivo DVR.

Unless it is one of the old series 1 units, it won't work without a
subscription. I wasted 20 bucks on a series 2 at a garage sale before I
found that out. One of these days I'll rip the hard drive out of it and
reformat it- it ain't worth putting on ebay, judging by the prices they
go for. Damn shame, it is in perfect condition, and I hate parting out
good equipment.

--
aem sends...