Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_2_] Dave in Houston[_2_] is offline

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

"jo4hn" wrote in message
m...
: Mark & Juanita wrote:
: Swingman wrote:
:
: Larry Jaques wrote:
:
: I've been on the environmental bandwagon for nearly 40 years, but
I no
: longer call myself an environmentalist because of what the
movement
: hath wrought. I think ecoterrorists may outnumber the greenies
now.
: sigh
: As a home builder with a recent, alternative construction, "green"
: project under my belt, I can guarantee you that more waste hit the
land
: fills due to its "green" nature then in any two of my usual
traditional
: construction projects.
:
: .... still marveling at the sheer, unconscious ignorance of many of
the
: misguided folks who have embraced this "movement" ... all warm,
fuzzy,
: self congratulatory, and without a clue!
:
:
: Read something today that makes a lot of sense regarding this.
There are
: two camps of people, materialists -- those people who say that there
is a
: material universe which behaves in a consistent way, and if you
study it you
: can learn the way it works, and teleologists -- those who say that
the
: universe is an ideal place. From what I read:
: "More or less, it exists so that we humans can live in it. And
human
: thought is a fundamental force in the universe. Teleology says that
if a
: mental model is esthetically pleasing then it must be true.
Teleology
: implies that if you truly believe in something, itll happen."
:
:
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/06/government-by-wishful-thinking/
:
: The people you describe above Swingman are of the latter
persuasion. They
: don't care if what they want to try hasn't worked before -- it just
wasn't
: done correctly, they are going to do it correctly. If the idea of a
"green"
: economy feels good, by golly, it will be good. Ignore those
niggling little
: details like more waste or less available resourced -- by golly it
FEELS
: good!
:
: So the doomsayers on the right believe that doing nothing besides
: reciting mantras such as "there ain't no such thing as global
warming",
: that the problem will go away. And further that there never was a
: problem and that scientists lie for any reason. Wow. Thank you for
: clearing that up.

I thought these scientists (and Big Al, of course) stand to make
brazillions and brazillions of dollars. Why else would you want to
dream up and perpetuate such a huge hoax?

Dave in Houston