Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC jakes GW demo?

Roger Chapman wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

FWIW I don't see "Just how desperate are these people that want to
fake results? " as anything other than the use of **** to smear the
opposition with. The experiment might not be scientifically rigorous
but that is the problem with trying to dumb down the science to make
it understandable to the public at large. That TMH chose to pick up
on my counter rather than the original smear says far more about his
prejudices than it does about mine.

Dumbing down the science is the problem - because politicians can only react
to dumbing down - not being bright enough to do anything else.

The fact that you think the demonstration actually has *anything* to
do with the greenhouse effect shows just how little you understand.

The fact that Dennis thinks it doesn't shows that he knows even less
about physics than I do and precious little about how to communicate
using the English Language either. The experiment would be a fake only
if CO2 wasn't a greenhouse gas or the greenhouse effect didn't exist
at all. Now both these presumptions exist at significant levels among
deniers so the question arises does either Dennis or TMH actually
subscribe to either lunacy?

'Deniers' and 'Lunacy'? The facts of the matter are that the green tree
hugger pressure groups have created an industry devoted to proving that (a)
global warming actually exists and (b) that it is caused by man made CO2
emissions.

Neither of which have been conclusively proven & both of which contradict
plain old common sense.

Your incredible arrogance in calling them 'presumptions' is just that &
doesn't give you the moral high ground or make you right.

Any research department that comes up with data supporting the opposite view
has its funding removed.

And it will only get worse. Universities run courses in Environmental
Studies, every local authority/government dept/ quango/ large corporation
has an environmental department keen to preserve their cushy non productive
jobs.

'Green' has two meanings; Environmentally aware or extremely gullible.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk