Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Fein MultiMaster sanding pad attachment on HarborFreight MultiTool

salty wrote:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:28:33 -0500, Tony Sivori
wrote:
Trouble is, Harbor Freight doesn't sell that part (product #65700 or
67256) part #502). At least not in my local store, nor is it listed in
their website.

I found these on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Fein-638061290.../dp/B0000223OR

Anyone know if they will work on the HF tool? Is the mounting hole and
sandpaper size the same?

For about the same price as that, Harbor Fright has a complete palm
sander

It might work, if the pad is think enough. I'll check it out. I need a
fairly thick pad because not all of the surfaces are flat

The attachment system on the Fein is quite different from the Harbor
Fright version. I doubt it would be adaptable. The HB unit needs the
mounting hole deeply recessed, among other issues. Maybe you could slice
off the old hooks, or grind them smooth, and glue on some new ones made
from a few strips of standard velcro.

Excellent idea! I'm looking at the HF pad, and the hook and loop surface
will cleanly peel off from the foam. All I'll need to do is find an
adhesive backed piece of velcro that is large enough, with good enough
glue. I know I've seen it in tape form, perhaps it is sold in sheets.

--
Tony Sivori