Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Radial arm saw versus 12" compund sliding miter saw question.

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

I had this happen many times with my old Monkey Wards RAS. I was able to
reduce it with proper tensioning of the motor guides and the straight arm
pull through technique and negative hook blade. My current Searz RAS with
the "control cut" motorized feed cable along with the other techniques has
completely eliminated any climb during a cross cut.

My Old Craftsman RAS was a 1978 model and I noticed in later years the
electronic adjustments were added to some models and the control cut. Does
the control cut actually feed the motor and blade or does it regulate the
rate of speed that you pull?