Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AA rechargable battery life tester

Stormin Mormon wrote:
With accumulation of AA rechargable cells I've bought over
the years. Would be nice to make some kind of life tester.

I have been toying with the idea of some kind of resistor,
for load. Also run a small clock on the cell. Start the
clock at 12:00 and leave it to the next day. When the clock
stops, that tells me for how many hours the battery was
delivering power. 5:00 on the clock means 5 hours of power
delivery.

The reason being so I could tell which batteries to trash,
and which ones are still useful. Is any such device already
made?

how about a flashlight?