Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx Fredxx is offline

Default BBC jakes GW demo?

ARWadsworth wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message
On Dec 7, 9:00 pm, "dennis@home"

Is a link to a demo of GW according to he BBC.

However to me it looks more like they have the left hand lamp
offset a bit
so it doesn't heat as much.

I thought the same thing. However the claimed effect is quite
enormous, so it should be easy enough to devise a proper scientific
experiment. The bottles should be flushed with air and CO2 added to
the other bottle using the same lamp.
I would want to see the results for a range of CO2 percentages, e.g.
0.04%, 0.08%, 1%, 5% 10%. I suspect the BBC may have had near 100%
CO2.

Generally, unless there is chemical interaction, gases behave
proportionately. So a column of 1 m of 100% CO2, has the same absorption as
10 m of 10% CO2. Obviously the other 90% may also absorb infrared, but
again that should be predictable if you know the constituent gases.