Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default Kill-a-Watt surprises

wrote:
I used to work for a submetering outfit and Kill-a-watt was cool.

I think there are competing products with better specs (?)

We tried real hard to find as cheap a doppler ultrasound flowmeter
for water and fuel but the lowest we got was two grand.

But my stud finder is ultrasound. THe only difference should be software.

No doubt partly due to market? E.g., someone makes a gizmo
used to check the integrity of (wooden) telephone poles:
attach to pole, wack pole with hammer, "listen" to
vibrations. Cool, eh? No doubt *very* expensive as
there are few companies interested in "telephone poles"
and, those that are, have deep pockets for this sort
of PM!