Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Enlarging Arbor Holes In Circular Saw Blades For Metal Panasonic 5-3/8" EY3530 15.6V Battery

I've used the panel punches that use a drawbolt, and they work fairly easily
if the bolt employs a good thrust bearing, but they can introduce some
distortion surrounding the hole.
Any distortion would probably be bad for a circular saw blade, particularly
ones with larger diameters.

I have a nice old all metal, heavy duty, corded saw (Skil brand, I think),
that requires the diamond-shaped hole in the blade. It uses a 6-1/2" blade
IIRC.
A diamond cutout would require some careful milling.
The diamond-shaped hub on the output shaft could be replaced with a machined
hub that would accept blades with round arbor holes.

Yep, always check pockets, justin case.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Winston" wrote in message
Wild_Bill wrote:
Thanks, I'll probably end up using the boring bar method on a lathe,

(...)

That'll work!

As an exercise yesterday, I sketched up a piloted punch to open up
the 5/8" hole in some circ. saw blades to 1" to fit my dry saw.

It would require a 20 ton shop press and I didn't see one
conveniently located. Checked my pockets, too.

--Winston

--

Congratulations Robert Piccinini and Steven A. Burd, WalMart Publicists of
the Year!