NJH

Default OT - Coulter

"trotsky" wrote in message

NJH wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

NJH wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

NJH wrote:

Please cite anything Bush ever said that characterized the Iraqi

medical

staff as all "terrorists" and "thugs" and "evil-doers."

Oh, my bad--apparently the dumb bitch was captured by the Iraqi

medical
staff.

No, but obviously she wasn't captured by terrorists either.

Does not compute. Every act the "insurgents" commit is referred to as a
terrorist act by the right-leaning media. When did they go from being
soldiers who aren't terrorists to committing "acts of terror"?

I think you have your timeline and/or terminology a little mixed up. Let

me
help you he

U.S. forces went to war against Iraqi forces when Saddam Hussein was

Iraq's
political leader.

At that time there was what we call an "Iraqi army."

An army comprises large numbers of fighting men called "soldiers."

Civilians who carry out acts of terror are called "terrorists."

So you're saying at some point the "Iraqi army" became civilians. Can
you give me the Greenwich Mean Time on this, please?

No.

The Iraqi army no longer exists, but the people it contained did not move to
Saturn. They are all still around somewhere, provided they are not dead.

Terrorists are not soldiers.

Even though we can "wage war" on them. Michael Moore had a funny thing
to say in his most recent book: "How do you wage war on a noun?"

The only thing funny about Michael Moore is his appearance.

Soldiers are not terrorists.

What about "death squad" members? What about pointed sticks?

What about 'em?

Iraqi soldiers (not terrorists) captured Jessica Lynch and others after
ambushing their convoy.

Iraqi soldiers (not terrorists) then brought Pvt. Lynch, who was

severely
wounded, in for medical treatment.

Terrorists were not involved in that.

Now that Iraqi army no longer exists.

People attacking U.S. servicemen now are not soldiers.

Proof?

The Iraqi army no longer exists.

They are terrorists.

See?

Yes, I see a mountain of bull****. The lack of WMDs has transmogrified
into a battle against horribly heinous insurgent terrorists.

At some
point you'll be forced to acknowledge the mountains of bull**** the
administration and the media has used to describe every situation that
occurs in Iraq.

If she had been,

I don't think there would be any more Jessica Lynch.

Now that's rich. Were Saddam's "death squads" busy that day?

I don't think "Saddam's 'death squads'" were normally employed as

regular
soldiers.

Which means they weren't "terrorizing" people, by your definition.

You're confusing yourself. Terrorizing people is the work of terrorists, not
regular soldiers.

When did she become "the dumb bitch," by the way?

It was a sarcastic way of referring to the fact that she wasn't killed
by "death squads" or "terrorists" and dumped in an unmarked grave, but
rather was found in an Iraqi hospital receiving proper medical

treatment.

If that's your idea of sarcasm it's hard to follow.

Agreed, if you have a penchant for spouting mountains of bull**** I can
see why it would be hard to follow.

She wasn't driving, isn't

the one who took a wrong turn, wasn't responsible for getting ambushed,

and

hasn't done anything else that I know of that would justify such
characterization.

Again, the comment didn't refer to her intelligence or anything she did,
but rather sarcastically referred to your refusal to acknowledge that
her being put in a hospital didn't quite make the Iraqis as monstrous as
your propaganda makes them out to be.

My propaganda?

Can you provide an example? I can't remember ever saying that Iraqis per

se
are monstrous. It certainly is not my belief.

It's guilt by association, dude. Even if you aren't an asshole like
****zwerg, I haven't seen you put him in his place when he refers to
people as "towelheads", or hypocritically asks for "cites" when he isn't
capable of providing any of his own. As the Alan Parsons' song goes,
you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.

There may actually be some connection between the apparently disconnected,
incoherent and irrelevant ideas in that paragraph, but I can't see it.

I wonder how many "insurgents" are battling the U.S.
right now just because the U.S. killed one of their family members

as
"collateral damage."

Very few, if any.

Excellent use of the Ouija board.

Thanks, but I didn't even have to use supernatural means. Any other
instances in which you are driven to "wonder" about questions with

pretty

obvious answers, I'll be glad to help you with.

Bull****. Let's see some proof that "very few, if any" of the
insurgents are out for revenge for family members killed as "collateral
damage."

You're asking me to prove a negative.

No, I'm asking for some statistics that are even vaguely credible.

I will freely commit to the statement that "very few, if any" of Santa
Claus's elves actually exist, or have ever existed. Can I give "some

proof"
of that? No.

That tells me what I need to know--even in your own mind your statement
was as credible as a search for Santa's elves. [ . . . ]

I'm suggesting that your cherished "insurgents out for revenge for family
members killed" are about as numerous as Santa's elves.

Neil