Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall Taping Question

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:30:28 -0800 (PST), hibb
wrote:

When you have a joint where neither edge of the drywall is a tapered
edge, do you use joint tape? I always have a problem finishing those
joints off to look good. The combination of the tape and the joint
compound causes a bulge and the always causes me problems.

David

Use very thin layers of joint compound and allow the compound to dry
for 1 day before sanding/applying the next coat. The sticky mesh tape
is a lot easier to work than the paper tape.