Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get teeny-tiny screws

On 12/4/2009 6:42 PM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

I needs some little bitty wood screws: No. 1 by short (1/4", 3/8") in
*steel* (or stainless). The only ones I can find this small are brass
(available locally at a couple places down to No. 0!). Anyone know where
to find such things?

Update: I found the round-head screws (#1 - 1/4") in brass right here at
my local Orchard Supply (OSH). Cheap enough, too: only 59 cents for a
little plastic bag of 5. (It was in the "little cubbyholes of specialty
stuff you can't find anywhere else" section.)

I'm salvaging the oval-head screws by sanding the heads and painting
them black. I looked all over the Internets and didn't find *any* of
those suckers. Nothing in brass or any other material with oval heads in
that small size (#1).

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet