Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air compressor hose size

I have not done comparison. My best SWAG is that the
couplings are the big loss item. So, if possible, thread the
hoses together without the quick disconnect couplings.

From my fire department days, I know that water hoses
benefit greatly from larger sizes. I do try to buy larger
garden hoses for that reason.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
I've often wondered how much of the "energy" is getting lost
thru
pressure drop in the hose from my air compressor to the
tool. Plus
the thru hole in the fittings is pretty small. Yet none of
the
regular outlets seems to carry any larger diameter hose or
fittings. I
think the standard is around 1/4" or maybe 3/8. It' seems
like a
larger hose would make tools that use a fair amount of air
work a lot
better. Has anyone used larger hose and can offer a
comparison?