Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Enlarging Arbor Holes In Circular Saw Blades For Metal Panasonic 5-3/8" EY3530 15.6V Battery

Thanks for mentioning the difficult blade material. It sounds as if the
blade was stainless steel, and work hardening as you tried to drill.

The only other steel that behaved that way for me, was angle iron OBF old
bed frame, in random spots. In some places it drills easily though.

--
WB
metalworking projects

wrote in message
You may want to check how hard the the sawblade is first.

I needed a spacer for a dado blade and decided to cut one from an old
10" blade. I tried to drill a number of 1/8" holes near the desired
diameter but only 3 of 40 holes were able to be thru drilled. The
drill would cut well for the first .02" then hit a hard center
core. I finished the task with a cutoff wheel.
Perhaps the center is intentionally left hard?

OTOH have you looked at the Freud website? They do make a variety of
smaller blades.

Best of luck