Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default dark halls at work

On 2009-12-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

On 2009-12-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

[ ... ]

On 5 Dec 2009 01:55:15 GMT, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:
Might come in handy in the near future...shrug.

Indeed -- given a supply of old unused flashbulbs. (Though I've
recently discovered that they are still made for a niche market -- caver
photographers who need a *lot* of light for their photos.

[ ... ]

And yes..the long wires are for focal plane shutters. I still have some
samples of those from back in the day.

Hmm ... I've still got a pack of No. 5 ones by GE which are the
sparse Brillo in a bulb, and those are for normal between-the-lens
shutters.

But then, the other set, No. 5A (SM -- Speed Midget) ones are of
the two stiff wires and the fine cross wire which have been dipped, and
they are also for BTL shutters, not focal plane. But the dip goop in
these is black, not the silver which I remember, so who knows. I wish I
had some explicitly marked for Focal Plane use to examine.

I think Ive still got a case of Edison base bulbs. I had 2 cases at one
time..but the ability to screw them into standard light bulb bases in
all manner of light fixtures was tough to deal with when I was younger

Been there -- got the demerits for using them. (There was no
way to hide who it was who did it -- but I won a bet doing it.

That was the most demerits I ever got at one time -- but it was
worth it. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564