Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Use of primitive tools

On 5 Dec 2009 22:28:22 GMT, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

I'm surprise I didn't get any feedback whatsoever about using all the
blades on the knife the day you got it. Was I alone in doing that?
I'd find that extremely hard to believe. We're a curious lot here and
-not- doing that would seem to go against the grain. shrug

We all do it -- so why discuss it? :-)

Pick up a Gerber..its a far superior multi-tool

Amen!

Dont get the needle nosed one..get the plyers nosed one.

Hmm ... what do you find wrong with the needle nosed version?
That is what I am using, and I find it quite useful for what I need.
(I've even fixed a chain-mail bra -- in situ -- at a SF con(vention).
The ring joining the two cups was opening up under the strain. No, I
don't know her name or phone number -- my wife was with me. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Because the plyer nosed ones can be used in a pinch..as a nut
tightener...of good sized nuts and in my line of work..I find them to be
more useful than do needle nosed pliers. Shrug...its a different
application and for me..works better. And I have both types.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost