Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] IlBeBauck@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Adding a drop ceiling under a cathedral ceiling ; insulate all theway up ? Do I need a vapor barrier at the roof ?

Ive put in a layin 2x4' tile ceiling under what was a cathedral
ceiling for my 24x16' living room . The heat gain to the living room
was cut dramatically last summer here in Florida . I have a space
above the drop ceiling about 3.5' feet in the center tapering down as
you move away from center . Is it absolutely imperative that I
insulate (using batt insulation) the entire space above up to the
underside of the roof ? And, must i put in a vapor barrier of some
sort at the underside of the roof ? Your thoughts appreciated.
Thanks.