Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default dark halls at work

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:38:52 -0500, the infamous "Steve W."
scrawled the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:
Let the Record show that "Stormin Mormon"
on or about Tue, 1 Dec 2009
18:56:41 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Sounds like a plan, to me. I use my mini-mag daily, and even
on Sundays. I carry it every day. Each morning, I try to
remember to swap the batteries with a pair from the NiMH
charger. So far, it's been good to me. Teralux module works
well, also.

Get the LED replacement kit. You still need the replacement
batteries, but not as often. My grip with mini-mags is that twist to
turn on - sometimes it will slowly twist open, and you'll notice it
when you hang your pants up at night, or otherwise look where the
light is.

tschus
pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

I own a bunch of Mag lights, and have tested and used about 100 others
through the years. My complaint with the mini mag lights has always been
the switching method. Plus after a lot of use the head starts to loosen up.
My current small light of choice is a Coleman MAX. It's a 2 AA cell, 115
lumen LED light that has a GREAT beam pattern and is able to reach way
out. Runs about 25 bucks at many stores. I found mine at a wal~mart.
It's has a Cree XR-E lamp module.

http://misterx.livejournal.com/616213.html

Run time is about 5 hours.

I don't know what the run time or lumen output is on these, but I
found it an extremely nice light for the price. 3 AA, 4 LEDs, nice
bright blue-white color in a good, tight beam pattern, pushbutton
switch on the rear for one-handed operation. They're not spotlights,
but they're just handy flashlights to have around.

I have these headlamps stashed all around the house, shop, and truck
for most of my flashlight use. It leaves both hands free. They use
bulbs, not LEDs, but they work well and are cheap, $3 on sale. 2 AA,
fairly waterproof with rubber end covers.

I also have a high-output flashlight using two CR-123 lithiums for
_bright_ light when I need it. It has momentary + twist-on switching.

--
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label