Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default JST-SM connectors, m/c wire and Farnell

In article ,
T i m writes:
Do account holders generally pay the same for the actual items do you
know?

When I was at Sun Microsystems in the early 2000's, there were
quite a few of us into electronics. I setup an internal mailing
list for ordering from CPC, and we got to the point where there
were a large number of people subscribed and we were placing
2-3 orders a week (this was all personal orders, not company
orders).

CPC then setup a special account for us with automatic 10% off
catalogue prices (but not the special offer leaflet prices).
This was open to all Sun employees. I'm not sure we made a lot
of use of it because it wasn't a credit account (and several of
us already had our own CPC credit accounts), delivery had to be
to Sun's Goods In (which wasn't always convenient), and lots of
the things we ordered were from the offer leaflets. Still, it
was a nice gesture. We don't have so many people at work ordering
stuff nowadays, but collectively we probably still place an order
with them every couple of weeks.

--
Andrew Gabriel