Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RugDoctor any experiences, or recommendations for other carpet cleaners?

Tim W wrote:
John Rumm
wibbled on Saturday 05 December 2009 05:11

Andy Dingley wrote:

I've never been a fan of their recommendations. When they discuss
something I do know about, they talk rubbish. So I'm disinclined to
trust them when they discuss something I don't.

My experience as well alas.

This is disturbingly familiar.

A mate of mine is a train driver (BR, Connex SE, GWR, someone else
now). I used to lodge with him many years back.

Every train incident, especially the ones in the south would cause
him to form exactly the same opinion about the media.

It wasn't that the media were setting out to lie. It seemed more like
they were hopelessly out of their depth trying to talk knowledgeably
about something they only had a superficial understanding of.

Exactly the same thing with the ambulance service. Front line crew are
encouraged to keep a scrap book of news cuttings covering events they have
attended. A form of therapy apparently.

In every case Bex has read the report to find almost every detail wrong, not
just medical stuff - which you could perhaps excuse, but things like the age
& name, location, time. Complete incompetance or bone idleness seems to be
the problem.

IIRC Which used to regularly slag off the Ford Escort when it was
consistently the UK's top selling car.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk