Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Stand for table saw needed

On Dec 4, 8:56*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Zootal wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Zootal wrote:
The thread about the old Sears table saw got me to thinking about
mine. I have it on a workbench, but I'd really like to make a table
for it. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations about how to
make a good stand for this saw?

If you happen to be in Seattle, I've got an old sears saw stand you
can have.

There are lots of freebie saws on freecycle and craigslist, which is
where this came from.

Dang, I'm about 6 hours south...wish I was closer...

Hmm...craigslist...yeah...and I never thought about asking Sears,
I'll check out their stand kits.

I have a (Ryobi?) table saw, and it works good, *but the stand is
lightweight and the body plastic, and when I turn the motor on, the
entire unit jumps forward an inch or two. This old sears saw is so
heavy, I can't imagine it doing that even with a light duty stand.

The reason I have extra parts is because I wanted a more massive saw. I got 3
freebies, all very similar sears saws, and took the best parts of all. I then
took the extra two cast iron tables, and bolted them on either side of the saw
table as extensions. I now have a massive large table saw, plus a couple extra
motors, for only labor cost.

Lucky I have a big garage.- Hide quoted text -

Not quite the OPs question but here is germ of an idea?????
My chop saw is mounted on a plywood shelf which is now the top of a
very ordinary cheap and discarded bar-b-q! Got salvage for the metal
bar-b-q btw. The two wheels and two fixed legs make it easy to move
around but fairly firm when standing still.
Also have a heavy cart type bar-b-q base with lockable casters (it was
free btw). That might be ideal for a bench type saw!
So if the idea has merit look for someone throwing away a substantial
large bar-b-q.