Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Remove toilet in basement

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:28:15 -0800, "Bob F"

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:55:15 -0600, "pacca" wrote:

Not true, I have a Toto toilet that will out perform any thing on the
market. Maybe you never heard of Toto , do a little research on it.

I OWN 3 Toto toilets. They work great - on the first and second floor.
I tried one in my basement and it didn't perform as well as the old
toilet being replaced, so I took it out and put the old one back.

So is that where your claim of not working in the basement comes from? One
sample?

One very clear example where 3 identical toilets sharing one waste
line have different performance. The two toilets that work well are
almost directly above the one in the basement. There is very little
that is different except the one in the basement is mounted directly
to the wasteline in the slab, and lacks any vertical drop like the one
that the other two toilets take advantage of to work properly.

If the basement is plumbed properly, it should make no difference.

You are guessing. I am not guessing.

The basement is plumbed properly. Proof of that is that the original
toilet WHICH I PUT BACK AFTER THE LOW FLOW DIDN"T WORK WELL, works
perfectly and has never had a problem or backed up in the 20 years or
so I've been here.