Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Roto zip -- circles ?

On Dec 4, 2:25*pm, Keith Nuttle wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 4, 11:53 am, mkr5000 wrote:
I've never used one before but what's the word on the rotozip tool?

I can see how it would be nice for drywall etc but I'm looking for a
better way to cut circles in 1/2" or 3/4" plywood or mdf board.
(rather than a router).

Are these working looking at? -- is there a circle jig that works with
it?

Certainly you're moving less material with it than a router which may
be a good thing.

I've used the circle cutter with my RotoZip several times. *I made a
cat tower with three 3/4" MDF stacked cubes. *I used the RotoZip to
make the holes in the top and fronts of the cubes. *I also used the
Rotozip and circle cutter to cut a hole in HardiBacker for the toilet
flanges in my previous house. *Forget cutting floor tile, though. *The
bit just gets glowingly embarrassed.

Worked for me, though the HardiBacker dust was hell on the bearings.

I have not use the rotozip, but have the equivalent cutter for my
dremmel. *I have used it to cut holes into dry wall, and into the
plywood paneling. *I would highly recommend the dremmel and that
attachment.

I'd think a Dremmel would be a little wimpy for MDF. All the RotoZip
is, after all, is a big Dremmel.