Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Use of primitive tools

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:17:32 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
PinstripeSniper wrote:

Have you looked into a different antenna? I'm in a funky spot and have
to sometimes rotate my rabbit ear antenna to get certain stations. I
also tried an omni directional both powered and un and I like the bunny
ears better.

Yes, I have. I installed TV antennas in the '60s & '70s, then became
a TV broadcast engineer in the early '70s. Later, I was a CATV engineer
designing headens and distribution systems. I have the proper tools and
test equipment to install, aim and test TV antennas. There just isn't
anything usable around here, anymore.

Um, you _do_ know you need either a digital-capable TV or one of those $50
(at Wally World) converter boxes, right?

I built one of those 4-bay bowties on youtube, and it seems to work fine,
but I'm only about 20 mi. from Mt. Whitney.

Isn't Florida almost flat, such that almost anything is line-of-sight?

Good Luck!
Rich