Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blocks for building a single block wall

David WE Roberts wrote:
Hi,

just looked at blocks for building the single block wall for the
shed/workshop and saw a very large list of options.

So what would the team recommend for building a single block wall to
about 2M high for a workshop 8m * 3.5m external dimensions?

Do I use the old style 'breeze blocks' or can I use something with
better thermal insulation?

Is 100mm thick O.K. or should I go slightly thicker for more stability
and better insulation?

I haven't decided yet if I will render the outside, or just paint the
blocks.

Any advice welcome.

TIA

Dave R