Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default JST-SM connectors, m/c wire and Farnell

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

I'm after a small selection of JST-SM connectors. They look like this:

http://tinyurl.com/yhkn2hz

... often found as interconnects inside all sorts of low power
electrical kit.

Wire to wire, locking, polarised, small and in various number of
'ways' (I would be interested in 2 6 ways).

They also come in black and white (solid colours, not striped). ;-)

So, I need a few of each size for myself (electric bike in this
instance and that already uses them) and it looks like Farnell do
some:

http://tinyurl.com/yjxvf5r

So, before I create an account

I have an account

and order some I think I remember
someone saying they sometimes do 'specials' on the postage (assuming
order value below that for free postage) and / or is there anyone else
who stocks these things who may be better for small orders please?

On similar lines I need a couple of meters of (min) 5 core, thin
(~1-3A?) stranded, (ideally) black sheathed cable (it needs to run
through the eyelets of a cycle downtube so be about the size of a std
brake cable outer). It could come from a supplier in a cut length or
be a cheap made-up lead where I could cut the ends off etc (a USB
cable or somesuch)?

Ideas please?

Cheers, T i m (Nth London)

--