Posted to alt.home.repair
Mash Mash is offline

Default Remove toilet in basement

On Dec 4, 11:54*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Dec 4, 6:08*am, Mash wrote:

Hello,
There is a toilet in our basement that I think hasn't been used for
years (we moved in last year). I'd like to remove it.
The flange and pipe are metal.
What do I need to do to cap the sewer line. I don't think I will ever
want to hook this toilet up again.
Thanks

You *can get rubber plugs in a variety of diameters at HD or Lowes.
They have a bolt thru the middle and you tighten it to expand the plug
until it is tight. *All you need is a fairly smooth inside surface on
the location where the plug will be installed as it can expand about
1/2 inch for a 3 or 4 inch diameter when tightened down all the way.
You definitely need to leave the capability to reinstall a toilet in
the future as it is a big selling point.

Can the rubber plugs be left in for years? Or will they corrode after
some time?
Thanks everyone for the input